This is a blog. About grief. A glog.

This is a blog. About grief. A glog.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Addendum

It's just that respect is so conditional with him! I don't think I'll ever respect him, but if I said that, he would say, "Just wait until you're older and more mature."
FUCK. I don't think I know anyone that makes more mature decisions. I'm so goddamn law-abiding, that as a student I did not once sneak alcohol on campus, unlike numerous HPs. I don't think I, wait, ONCE, I drank someone else's alcohol on campus as a student. once.

It's like I'm allergic to rule-breaking, I'm so scared of authority. And he thinks I'm an idiot young person? When the hell do I start getting modicums of respect? When I've got a stable job? Oh, wait, my job is stable. When I get one in my field? No one graduates and works in the same field. When I wear a suit to work. Great, better dust off the suit and wear it to the coffeeshop. This is idiotic. If you don't respect me a little bit now, where is the rest of the respect going to come from?

And it's not like I started out hating him. I have a pretty goddamn healthy fear of disobeying authority figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment